Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 2012

Another few months have passed and I have nothing posted, however I do have a few finished projects.  Just have not had the time to get a post on here but will take care of the over the next few weeks.

The month started out sadly, my mother passed away December 1st after almost 3 years of battling cancer.  Sadly it was not the cancer that was the issue, it was, as with most, the side affects of all the treatment.  She went into kidney and cardiac failure.  She was not producing much urine at all and her blood pressure could not be kept stable without massive doses of some pretty toxic medications.

She decided last Saturday at 2:30am she just could not take it any longer.  I, along with so many that loved her, remained by her side until the end.  She wanted to see Christmas, I would say she will see it in vivid color.

One never knows how much you will miss someone until they are gone.   It's true, so very true.

So, anyway, I doubt I will get much accomplished this month as it's almost over and it just started, as well as with 2 toddler roaming the house it's hard to find that "me time" to quilt unless I pack up and leave for the day (or weekend) which is always nice because that means time with friends

1 comment:

  1. Mags...words never compensate but I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you. No matter how old we get we are always a child when losing a parent. May your Christmas be filled with warm memories..

    ReplyDelete