Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scrappy Sunday

Hello blog world :-)
I spent the better part of last Sunday and this Sunday doing "scrap management" and while doing so I cut for a new block I ran across in an old magazine and fell in love with.  It's a scrappy hour glass.  There are 4 small hourglasses in th center of what I call a log cabin block.  It's from Bonnie Hunter so I am amazed I never saw it before.  Anyway, I was trying REALLY hard to not have any two pieces from the same fabric but since I was getting tired of cutting down there may be a few (no more than 2) pieces cut from maybe 5 difference fabrics.  I did them in different sizes so they will blend in.  I was going to lay out at least one block to get on the design wall and post but other things are calling so time in the sewing room needed to come to an end........I am usually in there during laundry time...which is done.
Off to clean the kitchen, tidy up the pantry......I have just been tossing things in there the past few weeks and it is driving me crazy.  Then I need to get veggies and fruits cut up for the work week.  After that I need to put about 2 hours in on the part time job...need to get that job done!!!

My son is up and walking which is good news.  He still has to wear his boot but at least he is mobile and can take care of himself.  I don't think a person ever thought a shower felt so good.  Poor kid.  Good thing is it frees up my time.............just in time for the hours at my real job to get crazy. Lots of changes, some I am NOT so happy about, until mid November.  Lots of thinking to do as work will never be the same as it was and I am not so sure I am happy about that.

Off to dice watermelon...yum!!  I hope to have a block done, or at least laid out next week to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment