Friday, May 13, 2011

May Flowers

Well the April showers sure did bring alot of May flowers............and more showers :-)  as I sit here typing it is starting to rain.  It's ok. I  think we actually went through 3 days without rain and as I planted flowers today I REALLY wanted some rain. 

I have completed my Album of Memories center block.  It was so large I decided it was going to end up as a wallhanging instead of a full quilt.  As beautiful as the entire quilt is and as much as I LOVE the hand work of applique' the quilt just wasn't talking to me anymore.  I believe if you are going to quilt something you should like/love it.  Anyway, it is bound and on the wall. ....yeah.

I think tomorrow is a "me day"...no appointments that I know of so I plan to do some a little work (business work not the fun work) and mix in a little quilting.  I am working on a new wallhanging for my dining room.  It will have 4-6 blocks that have applique' stems, leaves and grapes......I think with the Tuscan theme in the kitchen and dining room it will blend in nicely.  So I need to get the blocks and borders cut then work in the bias for the stems and all 680 little grapes :-)  yeah.........TV work that little chore will be.

2 comments:

  1. Your Album of Memories wall hanging is gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing your Tuscan wall hanging too. You do such great works of art, that I feel motivated to do some applique work myself. I am just afraid it will not look as wonderful as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! Like Bianca I'm looking forward to seeing your Tuscan piece. Is this your own design. I like all your work.

    ReplyDelete