Sunday, May 29, 2011

Design Wall Sunday

I see so many posts for Design Wall Monday's but that is a day that does not work for me so I am doing Sunday...yeah.

This is the beginning of Shaylie Jo's quilt.  I wanted brights and boy are they bright.  I saw a picture of a quilt that just seemed to call her name.  In my mind the top was brights with applique'd white daisies.  Well I bought the fabric, cut it out (twice because I discovered I cut 4.5 x 4 instead of 4.5 x 4.5 oops).  I get the background up on my "design wall" only to finally locate the magazine I saw the picture in and it is not brights but is 30 repos...........how could I make that mistake!!!  I already have the borders etc..for this so it will stay brights.  Babies like brights anyway...right?????

So anyway, this is it so far.  I will do a 1.5 inch pale yellow border to tone down the brights and the last border will be either a bright green or a lavender with mini bright hearts on it.  I bought both because I could not decide in the store. 

1 comment:

  1. I have a busy monday too, Mags, so sometimes I write the post on Sunday and then use the post options above the publish now button to have it post early Monday morning. But to the fun stuff, I'm liking Shaylie Jo's quilt. I like colorful quilts for babies. The colors are so rich. Nice choices!

    ReplyDelete