Sunday, September 12, 2010

Robert's Floral Garden


It has been a beautiful week in Columbus.  I had lunch with the family and the remainder of the day has been spent relaxing and working on this top.  It has been in the works for a few years now so I am excited that it is almost complete.
These are the last 2 applique' blocks.  The remaining 2 blocks are pieced..still not sure why he does this in his patterns but I am sure there is a method to his thoughts.
I was not sure if I was going to do the pieced blocks but have decided to do them .......so I am hoping by next weekend they are done and the assembling can begin.  Each block will be bordered in a gold/yellow fabric and then sashing will be scraps that are left over from all the blocks.  Should be interesting.

5 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful applique, Maggie!

    This is going to be a wonderful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you very much. I wish I could count too!!! I realized tonight that I have 3 more blocks to go...all pieced but I am SO ready for this top to be done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are looking gorgeous. I assume this is the quilt you are making for me, right??? well, a girl can hope. LOL I am looking forward to seeing the top assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dream on sister Bianca :-) But never give up hope..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you are going to tell me I have to make my own

    ReplyDelete