Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dear Jane

Well this is what it looks like so far.  The pic is not that great as it's kind of dark in my living room, the batteries died in my camera so I took the pics with my camcorder...I need to figure lighting on it.... I started to lap quilt the top 8 blocks but I am not sure I am going to like this method.  Before going any further I REALLY need to think about it.  I like the idea of doing small sections but I know the further I go the heavier it is going to get sooooooo the stitches may come out of that small section so that I can just put the entire top in the frame.
My choice of fabrics are Civil War repos.

My goal this summer is to kick butt on UFO's.  I am REALLY tired of all the projects sitting around staring at me and my quilt room could be better organized if all the totes were empty :-)  I think I have about 1/2 to 3/4 of the inside blocks completed.  I have none of the triangle borders even started yet.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!...started one this week so far I have 12 squares done...it's addictive and such a beautiful quilt when done. I'm doing 4.5 inch(finished)..a little annoying when having to draft a pattern but worth it when done. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just continnue to make one block at a time, and before you know you are done! Good going :)

    ReplyDelete