Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering


The grandmothers fan is back in the frame.  I am REALLY trying to force myself to leave it in the frame until the quilting is complete.  It has been probably 5-7 years in the works and it is time it is done and snuggled under or sent to a new home.  Not sure what is going to happen to it yet.
The picture below is a close up of the plaque in KY that my grandfather's name is on.  A full picture of the wall is in the post below.  I never did get to meet him  but I am proud of him for serving his country in WWl from 1917-1918.  There are also two other relatives listed but I am not sure what relation they were, I need to research that.

2 comments:

  1. Margaret,

    Your Grandmother's Fan Quilt is beautiful. Did you use reproduction fabric for it, or did you use your stash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bianca,
    Tahnks for the compliments. The top is actualy 30's and/or 40's fabrics, no repos. The top was completed during that time frame and given to me several years ago, actually 2 were given to me and I gave one to Ann.

    ReplyDelete