Monday, April 5, 2010

Robert's Floral Garden

I dug this project out to work on while still being laid up with the on and off fever??  Not sure what's up with that but oh well, it can't hang around forever.  Anyway, I think is this why I love hand work... I can veg on the couch or bed and toss it aside if I feel the need to doze...which I do feel coming any minute.
Thank GOD for laptops.  Those little things can go anywhere.  I wonder how I ever survived without one!!

Anyway, I started this project back in 2003, I think.  I am working on block number 6.   I think I have 4 or 5 more blocks to finish before I can put it all together.  Each block will be bordered with a goldish color fabric, which I have not purchased yet, and then a scappy sashing will go between each block.   I think so far the lower right block is my favorite.  You cannot tell in the photo but the vase is actual lattice work done in 2 different fabrics.  I love the effect.  When done I will post a close up of each block...some day :-)

2 comments:

  1. Beleive it or not I ran across my pattern for this quilt. now that I see some of the blocks made I might have to put that in the to do some day pile. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Margaret don't tell vickie she gave the pattern to me, I guess I will have to send it back, maybe.
    I love the blocks you have done!

    ReplyDelete